- To stop the AMD driver update in Windows 10, you can change the device installation settings in Control Panel.
- Alternatively, you can also use the Microsoft Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter to uninstall and stop the updates.
- Removing the driver and installing an older version is another easy way to fix this problem.
- If you want to prevent Windows 10 from updating your graphics driver, be sure to keep a close eye on all the solutions listed in this guide.
XInstall by clicking Download the file
Microsoft allows hardware vendors to push driver updates through Windows updates, including AMD. However, some users may prefer to install the driver update manually. So is there a way to stop the Windows 10 AMD driver update?
For those who do a lot of testing with new hardware on their computer, automatic driver updates can change the test results with different hardware. Even for those unfamiliar with technology, GPU automatic driver updates can still be annoying.
If you are one of those who prefer to install GPU drivers for your AMD video card manually, this is the article you need. In this article, we’ll show you how to prevent AMD drivers from automatically updating to Windows 10.
How can I prevent AMD drivers from updating automatically?
1. Change the device installation settings
- to press Windows + S key And type advanced. Select View advanced system settings.
- Open the hardware Tab and press Device installation settings button.
- Select No (your device may not work as expected) option.
- Press on to rescue Button changes. knock Yes When requested by UAC.
- Then, click to apply and OK To save the changes in other open system properties windows.
This is a simple solution, but it may help you stop the Windows 10 AMD driver update.
2. Remove and reinstall the older driver
- to press Windows + X key And select driver.
- Locate the AMD driver, right-click on it, and select Uninstall the driver.
- If available, check Delete the driver software for this device option And press Uninstall.
- After removing the driver, you must restart the computer.
- Visit the AMD website and download an older version of the driver software.
You can also uninstall AMD’s software and driver using special uninstall software, which removes icons, folders, and listings. By using this software, you will remove each application along with all the files associated with it and the clutter that may have been left behind after normal removal.
We recommend reviewing the article on the removal tool as each computer is unique and varies in specifications. Therefore, you need to choose one that best suits your operating system to avoid conflicts.
This can be a time consuming and problematic process because Windows will reinstall the intended and unwanted driver. We recommend using another solution, such as updating drivers and installer, to avoid an endless loop.
The Driver Update Program is useful for updating and installing specific Windows drivers. Otherwise, doing it manually takes time and requires an in-depth understanding of the drivers you are looking for.
Not to mention that it can cause computer problems, which we do not want. Within a few seconds, DriverFix Will scan your system for faults or missing drivers and generate a report. It will detect outdated or missing drivers and then ask your permission to update them.
⇒ Get DriverFix
Use the Microsoft Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter
- Download and run the Microsoft Show or Hide Updates troubleshooter.
- Press on Hide updates.
- Now select the update you want to block using this tool.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
For this process to work, you need to know the exact name of the update that is causing this issue, so keep a close eye on all recently installed updates.
Keep in mind that Wushowhide.diagcab has not worked for many users since Microsoft removed this tool from their servers, but you can still get it from third-party sources and use it to block updates.
To stop the Windows 10 AMD driver update, you can try changing the device installation settings or try using an older version of the driver.
In case you are still having this issue, be sure to read our guide on how to block Windows 10 from automatically updating specific drivers.
Many users have reported that they stopped updating their drivers by following the solutions in this guide and by changing their Group Policy settings, so be sure to try this.
Did these solutions work for you? Tell us in the comments section below.
Start a conversation