- If you want to install WordPress on your PC, you can do so with the help of dedicated apps.
- The advantage of having your website on your computer is that you can work offline and make changes much faster.
- Our guide explains how to use dedicated solutions and install WordPress in just a few steps.
XInstall by clicking Download the file
You can host your WordPress blog on two platforms: on a web server, which is the most popular option among bloggers, or on a computer running the WordPress software package.
Hosting your website on a web server has a clear advantage that you do not have to worry so much about the activity time.
However, if you are determined to install WordPress locally on your Windows 10 computer, you are in the right place.
This article is a step – by – step guide to setting up your computer to act as your own WordPress hosting server.
What are the benefits of using WordPress locally?
The only obvious difference when you host your WordPress blog on your Windows computer is the address: Use http: // localhost[…] Instead of the regular web address.
When it comes to the user experience, by hosting WordPress on your computer you can work offline, check changes more quickly, and polish them before you roll them to the live site.
So this is a very good solution as a starting point, when you are just building your site and making a lot of attempts and changes.
But if you change your mind and want to take your site to the next level, keep reading because we also have some suggestions regarding hosting solutions.
How do I install WordPress locally in Windows 10?
- Download InstantWP for Windows.
- After downloading the archive, double-click it to activate it.
- After opening the archive, extract it to the desired location.
- Go to the rescue location and turn on Start- InstantWP.bat file.
- If you get a fire wall Prompt, click Allow access button.
- A guide will appear on the screen. Keep clicking the next Button until you reach the end.
If you want to create a WordPress site on your computer, you can easily do so using InstantWP software.
According to the creators, this is a mobile and independent developer environment of WordPress, so it is perfect if you want to get to know yourself with WordPress or if you are a WordPress developer.
Once you do that, WordPress will be installed and ready to run.
How to run WordPress on my computer?
- After launching the InstantWP app, some command line Windows will appear. This is perfectly normal, so there is no need to worry.
- Wait for the server to start. It can take about 60 seconds, so be patient.
- Now press Admin WordPress button.
- This will open a new tab in your browser and allow you to access the WordPress site on your PC.
Expert Tip: Some computer problems are difficult to deal with, especially when it comes to corrupt repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having trouble fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your device and identify what the problem is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Keep in mind that sometimes you may not be able to access your WordPress page on your computer. This is because the server is still running in the background, so you will have to wait a few more minutes for the server to start completely.
As you can see, this is a simple and quick method to run WordPress on your PC. It is worth mentioning that this tool is completely portable, so you can just transfer it and run it on any other computer.
2. Use ServerPress
- Download and install the free version of ServerPress. You will need to add the free version to the shopping cart and enter your email in order to receive the download link.
- Once you have the download link, click on it and use it to download the tool. Once the download is complete, locate the download archive, open it and extract it to the desired location.
- After extracting the archive, go to the rescue location and turn on Install DSL v392 file.
- When the new window appears, click continue. This will restart the installation and start it with administrative privileges.
- Press on the next Button and follow the instructions on the screen.
This tool comes in two versions, free and premium, and although the free version is limited in terms of functionality, it should suffice for all your needs.
How to start the server using ServerPress?
- Go to C: xampplite Directory and turn on exe File as an administrator. To do this, right-click on the .exe file and select Run as an administrator From the menu.
- Select Start Apache and MySQL services And click the next.
- If you get a firewall message, be sure to click on Allow access.
- knock the next continue.
- Select Creating a new development site And click the next.
- Now set the desired name and root of the site. We offer to keep them as they are. As for the drawing, make sure WordPress is selected. knock create a continue. Be sure to memorize the URL as you will need it for future steps.
- Wait while the wizard creates the necessary files and folders. It may take about a minute or two, so be patient.
- Once the process is complete, simply go to the URL from Step 6, By default it should be http://www.example.dev.cc. Now you just need to enter the required information and your local WordPress page should be set up.
Once you do that, you can access your page and modify it any way you want.
How to get a great hosting solution for my site?
Now you know how to install your WordPress server locally, on your PC but do you have a good hosting service for it?
If you have not covered this part, we would highly recommend using WP Engine a powerful WordPress hosting platform that will help you with a lot of features.
It is perfect for any type of use including for small businesses, large organizations but also for hosting a small blog.
For the latter, you can use the personal program which is very lucrative. The professional program can be used for small organizations and the business plan covers a lot of advanced features to accelerate the growth of your website.
Here, these are the best methods you can use to set up a WordPress page on your local computer. The two methods are similar, although the first may be simpler for new users.
You may also be interested in the best WordPress hosting solutions for Windows 10 that will help you manage your websites.
If you have any suggestions or solutions, feel free to leave us your opinion in the comments section below.
Start a conversation