- DSS files are created by a digital voice recorder or speech recognition software.
- Although they are not particularly popular formats of audio files, you may need to open one, and that’s it How to open a dss file.
- You can do this with some tools that support this format or by converting them to a more common file type.
- The Adobe suite offers a great tool for opening and even editing a .dss file, among other things, so be sure to check them out below.
DSS stands for Digital Speech Standard. Developed by the International Voice Association, DSS files are created by a digital voice recorder or speech recognition software.
If you try to play a DSS file on a Windows computer using any of the media players like VLC or Windows Media Player, the players will not be able to play the files.
There are two ways to run a DSS file in Windows. You can convert the DSS file to a more common format like WAV using an audio converter or download a third-party tool that is compatible with DSS files.
How do I run a DSS file in Windows?
Use a third-party audio converter
Before you start looking for codecs, players and problems in your device Operating System, We encourage you to let third party software do the work for you.
You can find various audio conversion software that will surely help with DSS files and play your speech files effortlessly.
By using special software it is more efficient to convert digital voice recorder files and then play them without any problems.
Therefore, if you need a valuable solution for handling DSS files easily, enjoy the best audio converter software.
2. Play a DSS file in Media Player Classic – Home Theater
- go to MPC-HC Project Page.
- Press on MPC-HC Download now Button to start the download.
- Once the download is complete, run Setup. knock Yes When the UAC is asked to grant permission. Wait for the player to install.
- launch MPC-HC Play media on your PC.
- Press on file And select Open file.
- Click the Browse button and select your DSS file. Select open.
- that’s it. The MPC-HD player should start playing the DSS file now in Windows 10.how to
MPC-HC is an extremely lightweight media player. Being an open source project, you can download and use it for free.
Although the developers have stopped working on the project since 2017, MPC-HC is able to play any DSS file.
Aside from being able to play a DSS file, MPC-HC is also fully compatible with most other video and audio formats. You can also customize the player to suit your needs.
3. DSS converters to audio files
If you want to convert the DSS file and import it to your non-format supported mobile device or player to play the file, you can convert a DSS file to WAV format.
There are three popular DSS file converters that you can use. These tools come with a free or paid license, so choose your tool according to your needs.
iWisoft Free Video Converter
- iWisoft Free Video Converter is a powerful and multi-functional video converter.
- It supports file formats like AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4, MPEG, MKV, RM, RMVB, SWF, MOV, M4V, 3GP, DSS, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, M4A, AC3, AAC, FLAC, APE and more.
- You can download the tool from Here.
Replace Audio File Converter
- Switch Audio File Converter is another powerful audio converter available for the Windows operating system.
- It comes in a free version and also for a fee depending on the use.
- To convert the DSS file, Download Replace Audio File Converter.
- Install the converter.
- Press on Open file And then select All files In the browser window.
- You will choose DSS The file you want to convert.
- Select the Output format And then press Convert.
- Wait for the tool to download all the codecs needed to convert the file.
4. Use audio editing software
Another viable solution is to use an effective audio editing tool that can play an infinity of audio formats, including DSS files.
There are many professional audio editors who can manage all kinds of audio files and help you get the best sound of all time.
The audio editing tool will provide full recording and editing services, as well as playback of various audio formats, allowing you to listen to everything without any compatibility issues.
To see for yourself, you may want to consider the best audio editing software currently on the market.
DSS files are really not that common, however, you may come across them. If this is the case, feel free to use MPC-HC or WavePad to open them or use dedicated software to convert them first.
What will be your choice? Tell us in the comments section below.
Start a conversation