PHP This is called the hypertext preprocessor. An open source, server-side scripting language embedded in HTML used for database administration, web application development, session tracking, building e-commerce sites, and more. A type of programming language used to write automated tasks. . Many databases such as PostgresSQL, Oracle, Informix and MySQL can be integrated with PHP.
It supports many protocols such as POP3, IMAP and LDAP. PHP scripts are only interpreted on the server where PHP is installed. Because PHP is a server-side scripting language, it is first executed on the server and then delivered to the user through a web browser.
Why is PHP so common?
- variable:- PHP is platform independent and can run on multiple platforms like Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and multiple browsers are also supported.
- Speed & Security:- PHP uses memory for its entire function, so it works well. There are also many new tools and frameworks on the market to protect against cyberattacks.
- compatibility:- Compatible with all servers including Apache.
- Legacy code:– Many websites are written in PHP, allowing you to update existing code instead of rewriting new code.
- Open Source:- PHP is free and quick to install. This feature helps businesses manage their web development costs.
use of php
PHP can be used to encrypt data. After all, it supports several extensions such as OpenSSL and Sodium that cover a wide range of cryptographic algorithms. Before inserting the data into the database, the script encrypts the data and decrypts it before retrieving it.
Helps create, write, delete, open, close, and read files on the server. Various commands are used to manipulate the files listed below.
- PHP read file:- The command is fread(). This function is used to read the contents of a file.
- PHP write file:- The command is fwrite(). This function is used to write the contents of a string to a file.
- PHP Open File:- The command is fopen(). This function is used to open a file.
- PHP Close File:- The command is fclose(). All open files are closed with the help of this function.
- php delete file:- The command is unlink(). This function is used to delete files.
You can use PHP to add, delete, and modify data within the database. Developers can securely connect with any kind of database. This gives you the freedom to choose the best database for the application you want to develop.
PHP helps you create dynamic page content. There are mainly three types of dynamic information on the web:
- Dynamic web pages:- The entire web page is created.
- Dynamic content:- Only certain parts of the web page are generated.
- Dynamic data:- A variable is created on the web page.
Dynamic processing of web pages is a bit more complex if the range of information being generated is vast. But it’s made easier thanks to two PHP functions, include() and require().
It helps to restrict and allow access for users to access the pages of the website. Different users are assigned different roles in the application. Therefore, the access control system is designed. You can control user permissions based on PHP pages or database records.
PHP can set and receive cookies. The setcookie() function is used to create a cookie. The isset() function is used to check if a cookie has been set. There are other operations you can perform with PHP cookies, such as modifying cookies, deleting cookies, and checking whether cookies are enabled.
You can handle form manipulations, such as collecting data from files, sending data via email, and returning data to users. You can also save data to a file.
Web programming is a completely different experience from traditional programming. Web development is meant to ensemble multiple resources together, so more tools are needed. Multi-language means higher maintenance. To avoid this situation, PHP is actually the right tool for a complete package for web development.