- The microphone may not work after installing Windows 10 updates.
- In this article we will see how you can fix this, so keep reading.
- We have covered even more common topics here Windows 10 Hub Also, then do not forget to look.
- In our dedicated section you will find more useful articles, so check it out.
XInstall by clicking Download the file
After installing Windows 10, you can disable the microphone. If this happens, there are a few things you can do before going out and buying an external or internal sound card.
The free upgrade for Windows 10 was available to everyone at some point. This gift did not come without glitches. The upgrade has disabled the microphone on PCs around the world.
Some users will be easily disappointed and go out and buy an external sound card but for those users who want to solve the problem, see the following solutions.
How do I restart the microphone in Windows 10?
1. Turn on the microphone from Device Manager
- Access to Winx menu By simultaneously pressing Windows + X key.
- Select driver From the list.
- Press on Sound video controllers and games.
- Click the currently installed sound card in computer.
- Right key And choose enable.
- initialization Computer to finish the process.
Note: If there is a yellow warning symbol next to the name of the voice controller, the drivers for that controller are damaged or removed.
2. Turn on the microphone from the voice settings
- In the lower right corner of the windows menu Right key On Sound settings icon.
- Scroll up and select Recording devices.
- Click Record.
- If there are devices on the list Right key On the desired device.
- Select enable.
- Right key Anywhere on the screen and select Show disabled devices
- Select the microphone from the created list.
- Press on property.
- under Using the device Select Use this device (on).
- Press on to apply and OK.
3. Turn on the microphone from Windows settings
- access Windows settings By simultaneously pressing Windows Key and I.
- Press on privacy.
- In the left menu select microphone.
- under Allow apps to use my microphone Make sure the slider is set to On.
Use the Driver Update
The problem with the microphone may be due to a type of problem with the microphone drivers. In order to fix this, we recommend using a dedicated tool.
Such a tool will easily scan your PC for missing and outdated drivers and will update them automatically.
Due to their integrated directory, you can rest assured that you will get the latest version of drivers, everything you need to make sure your device is connected to the internet.
DriverFix is one of the top software in this category. It is lightweight and can automatically scan and repair damaged or outdated drivers.
The user interface is easy to understand so you can select your favorite update settings in minutes.
If these solutions do not work to resolve the issues with the microphone, your computer hardware may be damaged.
Hardware problems can be solved by buying external components or installing new internal components.
Purchasing external components to solve this problem may be the cheapest way to fix the problem. Sound troubleshooting may take some reboot and reinstallation.
Be sure to exhaust all options before purchasing new hardware.
If you have any suggestions or other questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below and we will make sure to check them out.
Start a conversation