- Eager to find out all about the easiest ways to send email to a contact group in Windows 10?
- You can use the web app to create a group or try to save your emails in a Word document.
- If you’re not afraid of change, check out the best email clients that support multiple accounts.
- Our technical training center includes some more useful tips. Do not hesitate to visit it as well.
Over the years, Windows has undergone various changes and we have received a lot of new features and applications.
One of these new applications is the Mail app, and although this app is simple to use, users do not seem to be able to send emails to a contact group in Windows 10.
The new mail app offers a clean design and a simple user interface, but unfortunately, it seems that the option to send emails to contact groups is missing in the new mail app.
Contact groups are one of the most useful features of any email client because they allow you to easily send an email to certain groups of people, like your colleagues or family members for example.
With this feature, missing users have to manually enter all the email addresses to send an email to a group of people. Although this is a major flaw, there are few ways to work around this issue.
A mail app is a default email client in Windows 10, and it usually does a great job.
However, many users have reported that they cannot send group emails through the mail app. Speaking of a mail app, in this article we are going to cover the following topics:
- Create a group in Windows 10 Mail Groups are not fully supported in Windows 10 Mail, however, there are a few workarounds you can use to send emails to multiple contacts.
- Windows 10 Mail mailing list – The mailing list feature is completely missing in the mail app, and if you want to send an email to multiple contacts, you will need to use one of our solutions.
How do I send emails to a contact group in Windows 10?
Use an alternate email client
The mail app does not have original support for contact groups, so if you do not want to use the workaround in any way, you may want to consider moving to another email client.
Alternate email clients can help you keep track of your inbox and allow you to access all of your email accounts from one place.
Modern email clients can increase productivity with a number of time-saving features like pre-setting of integrated email templates, email scheduling and snooze and more.
2. Add group emails to a single contact in the People app
- to press Windows + S key And feed people.
- Select people From the list of results.
- When people application To begin, press the + button to add a new contact.
- In the Name Section Enter your group name. In the personal Email section Enter all emails that will be associated with the same group.
- Be sure to separate all emails by adding a semicolon after each one.
- Do not add a space after an email, just use a semicolon to separate emails.
- When you are done, press to rescue Icon in the upper right corner.
- The new group will now be added to your contact list.
- Select the group from the left pane, and in the right pane, click Personal email section.
- How do you want to open it A window will appear.
- Select mail and Marker Always use this app. knock OK.
- The mail The app will now open when all the email addresses from your group are added as recipients.
One simple solution is to create a new contact in people An app that represents a specific group. This is a simple workaround.
While this may not be the best solution, many users have reported that it works perfectly for them.
The only downside of the workaround is that you have to select your group in the People app whenever you want to send a group email.
Do not know how to launch the People app in Windows 10? Read this guide and do it easily.
3. Add all emails to draft message
This is not the best workaround, but some users suggest saving all of the group’s email addresses in a draft email. Simply start writing an email and adding all the email recipients to the To field.
To send an email to a group, simply start a new email and copy all the email addresses from your email draft to the new section in a new email.
This is a primitive solution but better than adding each email address individually.
On the other hand, since you saved your message as a draft, you can simply select it in the drafts folder to quickly send group emails.
If you tend to send a lot of group emails, this solution may be perfect for you.
4. Save your emails in Word document
According to users, sometimes you can get around this problem simply by writing a group of emails in a Word document.
Enter all the emails in your group and separate them only in the comma. Once done, select all emails and convert the selected text to a hyperlink.
Now just need to click Ctrl And click on your link and the mail app will open in the new window with all your recipients in the right field.
Then, you just need to type your message and click on to send Button to send the group email.
As you can see, this is just a rough solution, but it works according to users, so you might want to give it a try.
One advantage of this solution is that you can hold all your groups in a single Word document and then simply click on a group to send a group email to that specific group.
This is a relatively simple solution, and if you need to send group emails, feel free to give it a try.
5. Use the web app to create a group
If you are unable to create contact groups in Windows 10, you may be able to resolve this issue simply by logging in to the web version of your email provider.
All major email providers, like Gmail and Outlook, have support groups, and you can just go to the web version, create a group and try sending email to the same group from the mail app.
Although this solution sounds simple, it’s just a workaround, but it may help you with your problem, so feel free to give it a try.
6. Install the latest updates
- Create a new email.
- Now click on the person icon on the right side of To field.
- Select the desired contact from the list.
- Repeat this step for all users to whom you want to send an email.
A mail application is a default email client in Windows, and Microsoft is working on it alongside Windows 10.
Group emails are a missing feature, however, Microsoft has made some changes to bring some of this desired feature.
According to users, Microsoft has added the option to add multiple contacts to your emails in the Mail app.
Keep in mind that this feature does not allow you to create contact groups, which means you will need to add your contacts one by one.
This is not the best solution, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. To add multiple recipients in the mail app, you just need to do as described above.
We know this is not the best solution, but if you want to send an email to some people, this new feature may be quite useful.
On the other hand, if you have dozens of users you want to email, you may want to try another solution.
We are not sure when exactly Microsoft added this feature, but if you do not have it, we recommend that you update your Windows.
As you know, Windows 10 will usually update itself automatically, but sometimes you may miss an update or two.
However, you can always check for updates manually by following these steps:
- to press Windows + I key To open the Settings app.
- when are Settings app Opens, go to Update and security section.
- Now press Check for updates button.
- If updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically in the background.
- After downloading the updates, you just need to restart your computer to install them.
After updating your system to the latest version, you should be able to add multiple recipients to your emails.
If you can not open the settings app, take a look at It Detailed article In order to solve the problem.
Having trouble updating your windows? See this guide to help you solve them in no time.
The mail app does not support contact groups, which is a major flaw in this app.
This means that you can not send emails to a contact group in Windows 10 through the Mail app, but you can work around this limitation using one of our solutions.
If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
There are 3 comments